Sunday, March 2, 2014

Themed Rooms

Most people normally have themed rooms or a color scheme in each room. When I moved into my apartment 6 years ago, I decided to turn my kitchen into a "drink theme" with using red accents.  About a year ago while on a weekend trip to Gurnee Mills, IL, I found a Chicago picture at their local Target, that was red and thought it would be perfect!



That kicked off my Chicago theme....


If you don't already know, I am obsessed with the City of Chicago. I've been on the hunt for other things to put in my kitchen.  I've found a really cute mug at Target recently and then also a bottle of vodka that is limited edition (took me forever to find it!)

(See the John Hancock stir sticks :) ) 


(Can't forget my Stanley Cup shot glass!)

Finally to tie in my love of hockey.  I found the following print at Poopsie's in Galena, IL.  I just have to get a frame for it, but I love how it has just a hint of red in it and from far away, you can't even tell that it has to do with hockey.

It's very easy to find a few key pieces to turn any room in your house into a theme.  I will always be on the hunt for Chicago things, but not cheesy tourist things. 

What are some of your favorite themed rooms?

~Holsnicole

No comments:

Post a Comment