Saturday, March 8, 2014

Natural Eyes

Ever since the day that my mom brought a Mary Kay consultant into our house to show me techniques on how to wear makeup when I was younger, I have been in love with natural color eye shadows. I have hazel eyes, so natural tones look the best on me or so I think they do. It provides more of a classic look.

I recently purchased the Naked 3 palette.  I've regretted it ever since. The colors look horrible on me.  I thought I would try the palette out.  I should have just started with single eye shadows, prior to dropping dollars on it.

Last night I did an Ulta run.  I was looking at different palettes within the high end brands.  I came across the Pop Beauty - Bright Up Your Life - Naturally Bare palette. It has 10 shadows, that I fell in love with.  This palette was reasonably priced at about $24.  More than half the cost of the Naked palettes.



I used it for the first time this morning and so far I have been loving it! There was some fall out from the colors, so we'll see what the rest of today brings.  There is a mixture of matte and sparkle shades, but nothing too crazy.  The colors are super pigmented. There are so many different looks that you could do with this palette.  I feel that it was worth the money for sure. It also included a duo brush, which I haven't tried yet, but will for sure.

This palette will be great for travel, due to the fact that it does come with a brush and every color I would ever need is included. The only down fall of it, is the lid is plastic. I'm a little afraid it might crack.

Overall, very happy with this product and looking forward to trying more Pop Beauty products.

What are your favorite eye shadow palettes, brands, colors?

~Holsnicole

No comments:

Post a Comment