Saturday, November 16, 2013

DIY-Holiday Wall Art

Christmas is my favorite time of year!  I love decorating my apartment and getting into the spirit of things.  After receiving the yearly Tiffany's holiday catalog (My favorite) in the mail last week, I had the perfect idea to reuse part of the catalog.  When I opened the envelope and saw the cover of the book, I fell in love with it and it was just too pretty to toss aside.  So, I decided to frame it and make it into an art piece.

So, let's get started.....

Tools Needed:

Tiffany's, Picture Frame, Target, DIY, Christmas Art
 
 
After you collect the tools, the next step is to take the cover off of the catalog. This will take a steady hand and patience.  I bent the cover back starting with the back cover and then started tearing- leaving a little bit of the bind, that way I could just fold that part over and tape it down, so I could have a smooth straight line. You could also use a scissors or a knife for this part.
 


and the cover is off!
 
Use tape to tape the side down, so you have a straight line
 
Place tape or rubber cement on the corners to secure down on matte.
 

Ta-da!
 
 
Finished décor!
 
This was such a simple project.  The most difficult part was getting the cover off, since it was secured down with strong glue.  The frame is a 8X10 from Target for $3.99!  I just used the sheet of paper that came in the frame as the matte and of course the picture is from a Tiffany's mailer.
 
Happy Holidays, Everyone!
 
~Holsnicole
 

No comments:

Post a Comment