I received the NewBeauty TestTube last month and have gotten around to try some of the products in the tube, well the products that I actually see myself using.
Here is my take on what I thought about the products and weather or not I will keep subscribing to the TestTube
Everyone on Youtube was stating on how big the box was that was shipped to them. I didn't think it was big at all. When I opened up the box there was the tube, the bonus product pouch, the product guide and The Beauty Authority New Beauty magazine.
The Magazine wasn't anything to write home about. There was a lot of articles in it that did interest me at all. Not worth the full price of $9.95 at all.
The product guide was very helpful, since I didn't know how to use some of the products.
The Bonus product pouch I feel had to do with the articles in the magazine...age defying, enhancing face, etc...First thing was two small packets of Nip + Fab No Needle Fix Serum (firms wrinkles), small tube of Perricone MD High Potency Eye Lift and Boost-it! instant complexion enhancer (which I really don't know how to use and what it even would do). I will be giving the bonus items to my mom. Not sure something that a 30 year-old with firm, young looking skin needs. However, it was nice getting bonus products.
Now, onto the main products of the tube:
I had 4 favorite products of the tube:
1. Moroccanoil Body Butter - smells so good and so nourishing, just wish it was a larger size
2. it's a 10 miracle leave-in Lite - smells great and leaves my hair untangled.
3. Philosophy purity cleanser - have used this before - clean my beautyblender with it.
4. Lumene Pure Radiance Night Cream - never used night cream before, however makes my face feel soft after removing my makeup.
I had 3 not so favorite products:
1. Tarte Pure Maracuja Oil-smells good, but not sure what, if I would actually use this. I feel it would make my face oily.
2. Orly nail polish - I love the fact that its a full size, just not a fan of the color. It goes on almost white. I would have preferred any other color that was in the product guide.
3. YBF eye brown pencil - never used before - not sure if I will. I have pretty thick eye brows.
I had 2 least favorite products:
1. Pantene Expert AgeDefy Shampoo and Conditioner - nice size, smells horrible, not a big fan of cheap drug store shampoos.
2. Perlage Illuminating Primer - Very tiny - the pot wasn't even filled, not sure if mine was defective. I feel I wouldn't know if it actually worked or not, since there is maybe enough for one application. I like to try products out a few times before I can really decide.
Overall, I liked the tube. I kind of knew what I was getting before I ordered though. It kind of took the fun out of it.
Would I get it again!?!?! Well, I did cancel the subscription. As much as I like surprises, I think I want to see what's in the next one before I purchase. Thanks to Youtube reviews from guru's I know what's in the tubes, even before they release it online.
Not 100% sold on this subscription yet.